Salary : Varies depending on experience and coaching qualifications
Hours: Casual hours dependant on requirements
We are seeking specialist coaches at a variety of levels to coach a variety of different sports in both our Junior and Senior Schools.
Hours will be on a casual basis and “as and when required” rates of pay will be determined by the level of both qualification and local, regional and national representation.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We offer: free car parking, free meals, contributory pension scheme and uniform where appropriate.
- evaluating performance and providing suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positive and motivating comments;
- assessing strengths and weaknesses in a students performance and identifying areas for further development;
- adapting to the needs and interests of the group or individual participant;
- communicating instructions and commands using clear, simple language;
- demonstrating an activity by breaking the task down into a sequence;
- encouraging students to gain and develop skills, knowledge and techniques;
- ensuring that students train and perform to a high standard of health and safety at all times;
- inspiring confidence;
- developing knowledge and understanding of fitness, injury, sports psychology, nutrition and sports science;
- working with IT-based resources when required to monitor and measure performance;
- acting as a role model, gaining the respect and trust of the people you work with;
- working to a high legal and ethical standard at all times, particularly in relation to issues such as child safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- Willingness to take practices and teams both at home and away.
- Willingness to officiate school mataches.
Planning and administration
- producing personalised training programmes;
- maintaining records of participant performance;
- coordinating students' attendance at meetings and other sports events;
- planning and running programmes of activities for groups and/or individuals;
- finding appropriate competitions for students;