Salary: £8.45 per hour
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.45 am to 11.45 am
We require energetic and diligent Cleaners to work as part of a Housekeeping Team cleaning and maintaining the schools boarding houses and public areas. The role holder is required to provide a high standard of cleaning, while observing C.O.S.H.H Regulations.
We offer: free Benenden health care, free car parking, free meals, contributory pension scheme and uniform where appropriate.
Closing date for applications Thursday 31 October 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Job Description & Personal Specification
Core Objectives for the Role:
- To ensure the house is cleaned to a high standard.
- To take care when using equipment and ensure the safe use of chemicals.
Responsible To: House Manager
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Carry out cleaning routines as required by the House Manager according to work schedules and set standards.
- Strip and make beds when required.
- Assist with the sorting of both clean and soiled laundry as required.
- Prepare and service rooms during holiday letting period.
- Work in the school laundry if required.
- Work in any house when asked to do so.
- To ensure that equipment is cleaned at the end of the each shift and that all cleaning storerooms are maintained in a tidy, safe and hygienic condition.
- To ensure that C.O.S.H.H regulations relating to any cleaning product are adhered to.
- To be aware of responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work.
- To adhere to all relevant regulations i.e. Fire Precautions, Manual Handling, C.O.S.H.H.. etc
- To attend all mandatory and relevant training as required by the Domestic Services Manager.
- To report all defects to House Manager.
- To maintain a co-operative relationship with staff, students and House Parent within your area of responsibility.
- To assist in any other areas of the College as may be required by the Domestic Services Manager.
- To be aware of the implications of strangers on campus and conscious of your security responsibilities.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
- Maintain a good standard of personal hygiene.
- Customer focused.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Sense of humour, even temper and able to remain calm, patient and polite at all times.
- Reliable, punctual and a flexible approach to duties.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised to the highest standards either on your own or as part of a team.
Terms and Conditions (42 week contract):
- Working 36 weeks term-time (rota attached) plus 6 weeks working lettings, functions, Saturdays and events. Some of these are likely to be evenings, weekends or bank holidays. Public holidays occurring when the School is in session will be normal working days.
- 8.45 am to 11.45 pm (15 hours per week)
- Annual paid leave of 4.6 weeks to be taken during School holidays.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- Benenden Healthcare.
- £8.45 per hr.