Salary: £20,000 to £22,500 per annum Full-time equivalent (£16,000 to £18,200 for 38 weeks)
Hours: 38 weeks per year, 40 hours per week, 5 days per week on a rota including weekends
An exciting opportunity for a hospitality and cateing professional, with loads of energy, enthusiasm and exceptional customer service skills. We require a Front of House Supervisor to join the Schools Catering Team. The role will involve supervision of the Dining Room and Hospitality Functions across two sites, working with the Head Chef and a team of Catering General Assistants. Previous experience in the catering environment is essential along with the ability to offer a first class service.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
We offer: free Benenden health care, free car parking, free meals, contributory pension scheme and uniform where appropriate.
Closing Date for Applications - Friday 22 September 2017
Front of House Supervisor
Job Description & Personal Specification
Core Objectives for the Role:
1. To assist the Head Chef in ensuring first class service is delivered to the customers of the College’s catering department (pupils, staff, governors, parents and visitors)
2. In conjunction with the Head Chef / Senior Sous Chef on duty to ensure the timely delivery of the catering services including the core catering and functions.
3. To work proactively as part of a team to ensure the food services and events run smoothly, effectively and to the highest of standards
4. To provide a welcoming, helpful and friendly face to all parts of the community
5. To be able to assist at the Junior School, in Harbledown when required.
Responsible To: Head Chef
Daily Responsibilities and Duties
(Working in liaison with Head Chef, Kitchen and Front of House Team)
1. To allocate duties to a small team of staff.
2. To manage the resources daily.
3. Manage cleaning and HACCPs supervision.
4. Supervise function sets ups and delivery, managing quality control throughout
5. Manage allergens specification.
6. Complete menu signage.
7. Supervise the service.
8. Assist with the delivery service when required
9. Manage the washing and servery cleaning.
10. Manage the service delivery to the common rooms.
11. Manage the service delivery to meeting rooms as required
1. Seek feedback from pupils and staff on the service delivery.
Health and Safety
1. To monitor and maintain food safety and hygiene systems and general risk control, ensuring compliance with current and future legislation.
2. To liaise with the Chef, when necessary ensuring that customer food allergies and intolerances are catered for and that food contamination risks at the point of service are minimised or eliminated where possible.
3. To supervise ongoing, daily and periodic cleaning activities where appropriate.
4. To ensure that the College’s Health and Safety policy is implemented.
5. To maintain the safe operation of the working environment including equipment, fixtures and fittings, in conjunction with the College’s maintenance staff.
1. To carry out any other tasks reasonably requested by the Head Chef
2. To report at regular intervals to the team and management with clarity.
1. A well-presented appearance.
2. Excellent communication skills
3. A friendly, “can-do” attitude
4. . The ability to look at attention to detail but also able to see the wider picture
5. A creative passion for good food and excellence in service and food delivery.
6. A desire to pass on knowledge and skills to develop the team, whilst ensuring that development of personal knowledge and skills are not neglected.
7. The ability to create great moments and memorable events
1. Prior experience of front of house, hospitality or dining room
2. High level of spoken English.
3. Outstanding communication and problem solving skills
4. Ability to offer exception level of customer service for all customers; both internal and external
5. Computer literate with strong administration skills
1. Ability to set examples of high standards, through actions, training and coaching
2. Level 2 Food Safety Certificate.(or prepared to train)
3. First Aid Certificate
Terms and Conditions (38 week contract)
1. Working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, on a shift basis
2. Annual paid leave of 4.4 weeks to be taken during School holidays.
3. Contributory Pension Scheme.
4. Benenden Healthcare.
5. Salary £16,000 to £18, 200 per annum, 38 weeks per year
Child Protection Screening
Kent College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.